AT A GLANCE:
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Industrial Maintenance
Pay Range: $18 – $22/hour
Posting Date: October 19, 2021
We are looking to add a Maintenance Technician and expand our Maintenance Team. As part of the The Maintenance Technician will join the field maintenance team and is responsible for car wash and industrial equipment installation, repair as well as other site maintenance. You will routinely perform preventive and scheduled maintenance to reduce breakdowns, increase uptimes, and promote overall reliability and quality. Your role will involve visiting all our of sites regularly, inspecting equipment and ensure proper functionality. You will encounter a wide-variety hands-on experience and gain extensive knowledge of our systems and general plumbing, hydraulic, and electrical skills.
What you would do?
The overall goal of this position is to help support the Company, its managers, by executing maintenance projects and scheduled repairs, to help identify corrective and preventative measures to minimize downtime, and to collaborate with teams to progressively maintain and improve our sites.
- Perform a wide range of duties related to installing and maintaining machinery and backroom equipment
- Travel between stores and provide routine scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown repairs
- Be prepared and work quickly to minimize downtime as a result of unscheduled breakdown repairs
- Assist with planning, prioritizing, and executing scheduled maintenance
- Assist with managing parts, tools, and equipment inventory for multiple sites
- Build trusting relationships with the maintenance and operations team through our culture of accountability
- Work with site managers and car wash attendants on preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and test electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, plumbing, and pneumatic issues
- Read and interpret manuals, work orders, schematics, and other equipment documentation
- Operate hand tools; operation of power tools and other equipment will be required with safety and extended training.
- Comply with all safety guidelines, procedures, and PPE requirements at all times
- Work efficiently and effectively when juggling multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Director of Facilities & Maintenance
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of information required in establishing good working relationship with team members
- No prior experience required — We welcome entry-level applicants who are interested in gaining on-the-job experience and growing from the ground up
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems and hydraulic systems or related fields is a plus
- Experience in Car Wash Industry or a Maintenance Role is a plus, but not required
- Valid License and clean driving record
- Must be comfortable communicating via email and text message and using Word Processing software and Smartphone Apps
- Must be capable of walking, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling or squatting and lifting and carrying 25-60 lbs. Ability to push or pull 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in multiple conditions including exposure to high noise levels; and humid and dry environments, both hot and cold temperatures, indoors and outdoors.
- The ongoing shifts for this position will be mostly afternoon/evenings shifts. Ability to work a flexible schedule may be needed, including early mornings, day, evenings, weekends, and on-call hours
- Expected schedule: 40/hours per work; 5 days/week (Wednesday – Sunday 10:00 – 6:00 PM; off days Monday & Tuesday)
- Scheduled maintenance or special projects may come up from time to time; flexibility to work or cover a shift outside of your normal schedule may be needed
competencies & physical demands
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with use a computer and smartphone and software applications
- Positive attitude; ability to be flexible when adopting new processes and procedures
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
- Dedication to honesty, integrity, and ethical conduct
- Strong time management skills and experience with planning and troubleshooting
- Reliability and punctuality
- Pay: $18-22/hour (Depending on Experience)
- Overtime & Holidays: Time + ½ Pay
- 2-weeks Vacation to start (waiting period may apply)
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- 401K retirement plan with company match up to 2%
- Company-issued work vehicle (available after a period of employment)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for out-of-market travel for seminars and conferences
Does this sound like the job for you?