Field Maintenance Technician
AT A GLANCE:
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Field Maintenance; Industrial Maintenance
Pay Range: $20 – $23/hour DOE
Posting Date: September 6, 2022
Build your skills and begin your career today!
We are looking to add a Field Maintenance Technician and expand our tenured Maintenance Team. The Field Maintenance Technician will join the Maintenance Department and is responsible for car wash and industrial equipment installation & repair, as well as other site maintenance. You will routinely perform preventive and scheduled maintenance to reduce breakdowns, increase uptimes, and promote overall reliability and quality. Your role will involve visiting all our of sites regularly, inspecting equipment and ensure proper functionality. You will encounter a wide-variety of hands-on experience and gain extensive knowledge of our systems and general plumbing, hydraulic, and electrical skills.
What you would do?
The overall goal of this position is to help support the Company by executing maintenance projects and scheduled repairs, to help identify corrective and preventative measures to minimize downtime, and to collaborate with managers and their teams to progressively maintain and improve our sites.
- Perform a wide range of duties related to installing and maintaining machinery and backroom equipment
- Travel between stores and provide routine scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown repairs
- Be prepared and work quickly to minimize downtime as a result of unscheduled breakdown repairs
- Operate hand tools; operation of power tools and other equipment will be required with safety and extended training.
- Ensure effective communication of information required in establishing good working relationship with team members
- Build trusting relationships with the maintenance and operations team through our culture of accountability
- No prior experience required — We welcome entry-level applicants who are interested in gaining on-the-job experience in multiple trades and growing from the ground up
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Experience in Car Wash Industry or a Maintenance Role is a plus, but not required
- Valid License and clean driving record
- Must be capable of walking, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling or squatting and lifting and carrying 25-60 lbs. Ability to push or pull 100 lbs.
- Desire to be active both indoors & outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- The ongoing shifts for this position will be mostly afternoon/evenings shifts including on call during normal business hours. Few maintenances tasks will require after or before business hour work to safely perform the task.
- Expected schedule: 40/hours per work; 5 days/week (Wednesday – Sunday 10:00 – 6:00 PM; off days Monday & Tuesday)
- Planned maintenance or special projects may come up from time to time; flexibility to work or cover a shift outside of your normal schedule may be asked
- Pay: $20-23/hour (Depending on Experience)
- Overtime & Holidays: Time + ½ Pay
- 2-weeks Vacation to start (waiting period may apply)
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan With Generous Company Match Up To 4%
- Company-issued work vehicle
- Company-issued work tools
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for out-of-market travel for industry conferences and tradeshows
Scrub-A-Dub has been a local, family-owned business of over 70 years. Many of our team members have been with us for decades. We see each of our employees as a part of the Scrub-A-Dub family and look to grow from within. All of our senior members have started from the ground up. We are continuing to grow our teams and expand our departments with new roles and opportunities as we continue to thrive in the car wash and oil change industry.
Does this sound like the job for you?