LOCATION: MILWAUKEE, WI
Pay Range: $18 – $22/hour
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the Scrub-A-Dub Team. Scrub-A-Dub is family-owned and has been operating since 1947. We offer great pay, excellent benefits and many more opportunities. Full-time employees are eligible for insurance and vacation plans. We know that our success is dependent on our employees and that is why we strive to hire and develop those who are passionate about their job and looking to be a part of the team.
What you would do?
The Maintenance Technician will join the field maintenance team and is responsible for equipment installation, repair, and service, preventive and scheduled maintenance, and other facilities services and repairs. The Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Supervisor who will set project prioritization, short-term and long-term scheduled maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will also work along with our maintenance team and site managers on various projects.
The overall goal of this position is to help support the Company, its managers, by executing maintenance projects and scheduled repairs, to help identify corrective and preventative measures to minimize downtime, and to collaborate with teams to progressively maintain and improve our facilities.
- Perform a wide range of duties related to installing and maintaining machinery and backroom equipment
- Travel between stores and provide routine scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown repairs
- Be prepared and work quickly to minimize downtime as a result of unscheduled breakdown repairs
- Assist with planning, prioritizing, and executing scheduled maintenance
- Assist with managing parts, tools, and equipment inventory for multiple sites
- Build trusting relationships with the maintenance and operations team through our culture of accountability
- Work with site managers and car wash attendants on preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and test electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, plumbing, and pneumatic issues
- Read and interpret manuals, work orders, schematics, and other equipment documentation
- Operate hand tools; operation of power tools and other equipment will be required with safety and extended training.
- Comply with all safety guidelines, procedures, and PPE requirements at all times
- Work efficiently and effectively when juggling multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Director of Facilities & Maintenance
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of information required in establishing good working relationship with team members
- No prior experience required — We welcome entry-level applicants who are interested in gaining on-the-job experience and growing from the ground up
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems and hydraulic systems or related fields is a plus
- Experience in Car Wash Industry or a Maintenance Role is a plus
- Valid License and clean driving record
- Must be comfortable communicating via email and text message and using Word Processing software and Smartphone Apps
- Must be capable of walking, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling or squatting and lifting and carrying 25-60 lbs. Ability to push or pull 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in multiple conditions including exposure to high noise levels; and humid and dry environments, both hot and cold temperatures, indoors and outdoors.
- The ongoing shifts for this position will be mostly afternoon/evenings shifts. Ability to work a flexible schedule may be needed, including early mornings, day, evenings, weekends, and on-call hours
- Expected schedule: 40/hours per work; 5 days/week (Wednesday – Sunday 10:00 – 6:00 PM; off days Monday & Tuesday)
- Scheduled maintenance or special projects may come up from time to time; flexibility to work or cover a shift outside of your normal schedule may be needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with use a computer and smartphone and software applications
- Positive attitude; ability to be flexible when adopting new processes and procedures
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
- Dedication to honesty, integrity, and ethical conduct
- Strong time management skills and experience with planning and troubleshooting
- Reliability and punctuality
- Pay: $18-22/hour (Depending on Experience)
- Overtime Pay: Time + ½ Pay
- 2-weeks Vacation to start (waiting period may apply)
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- 401K retirement plan with company match up to 2%
- Company-issued work vehicle
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for out-of-market travel for seminars and conferences